Monday, August 1, 2011

8/1/11 - My mom is lazy; first restaurant dinner

My mom decided she was gonna be lazy tonight. What does that mean for ole Jeff? Will he go hungry? Will he have to scour the neighbor's trashcan in hopes of finding a wee morsel?

Naw yo, it means we goin to the Corner Stable.


You see, on Mondays the Corner Stable has a rib special. Full rack and fries for $13.99. That's pretty damn good as far as full racks are concerned. And I love racks, especially full ones.

Now it's no secret I've put on a little weight. I probably shouldn't even get the rib special right? If you said yes, go fuck yaself. Those ribs are money. So instead of skipping the ribs altogether, I figured I'd just eat a salad ALSO, because eating even more food is ok when that food is green right?


Too bad the salad was a disappointment. I've found that few places can really master the caesar salad (the Bonefishes/Outbacks of the world). This salad barely had any dressing on it. I felt like a rabbit the whole time I was eating it. The one upside to it was the ton of shredded parm on top.

And thus, the ribs were served.



1. Have you had Corner Stables ribs? They're fan-fuggin-tastic. I should get an endorsement deal. Not only do the bones literally slide off like butter with no effort at all, the sauce is sweet and tangy and maybe the kind of thing two lovers would lick off of each other. There are all different possibilities of taste as far as ribs are concerned, but if you're looking for tender and sweet, these are the cat's meow. 4.8/5 Jeffs.
2. The fries. These are sort of complicated because on their own, I find them underseasoned. But they sit at the bottom and get all saturated in that sexy sauce and by golly they're incredible. Let's assume you dip your fries in the puddle of sauce they give you and give these a 4.5/5 Jeffs.

Tomorrow I have my downtown softball league. It's island night so there's gonna be a ton of good food and a ton of ugly Hawaiian shirts. We'll see if I remember to take some pics. Reporting live!

No comments:

Post a Comment