Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/11/11 - Force fed salmon


My mom is crazy. Not I'm-gonna-kill-you-in-your-sleep crazy, but just mom crazy (though she may kill me in my sleep now for saying that). Also, I think this blog is getting to my parents' heads.

So Thursday... I WANTED to go to Cheesecake Factory, but my mom called and yelled and told me she already bought salmon. She doesn't even buy wild salmon anymore. Apparently all the Asians have over-fished and basically killed off the wild salmon population. Damn Asians! (first racist remark since the blog began) Instead, she buys farm raised. 9/10 times I probably couldn't pick out the difference in taste between the two, but I'm an elitist and it breaks my heart to eat the poor man's fish. 



1) The salmon was actually bangin, though I don't think I gave her the compliment at the time. I wanted it to suck so I could yell at her for forcing me to eat with her, but alas, it was quite tasty. It was glazed with a mixture of brown sugar, lemon, butter, and dill. Only problem was, IT DIDN'T FILL ME UP. Finally, something to criticize. I wanted more of this fine filet of fish, but apparently we're poor and could only afford a small cut. Maybe if my mom would get a second job, she could feed her children properly (aaaand now she may have, by now, crossed over to I'm-gonna-kill-you-in-your-sleep crazy). As potentially one of my last meal reviews, I give the salmon 7/10 Jeffs.
2) My sides were a potato and salad. Do I really need to describe them? Potato gets 7.5/10 Jeffs and the salad gets 9/10 Jeffs because it's colorful and fruity and summery and had feta cheese and how much more could you possibly say about a salad. But do have a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment