Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11 - The dinner that was lunch

On Tuesdays I play in a softball league for Dudas Tavern in Fells Point. This shouldn't surprise anyone because I'm an incredible athlete. We just get drunk and play a game best described as America's sport's gay brother.

What this means is I miss out on Tuesday dinners with my pops. And I'm fairly certain he intentionally cooks good meals when I'm not around just to spite me. Like last night for instance, the guy made scallops and clams. Mind you, he just came back from the beach, so these crustaceans were fresher than these shoes (don't copy my kicks):


So while I did enjoy a post-game meal at Pei Wei, I didn't get to partake in seafood fest 2011 until today, for lunch. 



1) What's there really to say about steamed clams? They're pretty basic. It ain't like you gotta marinate them or season them. You just steam them and throw out any stubborn assholes that didn't open up. Chewy and salty. I'm not so sure I'm even rating my dad's steaming ability so much as I am rating Mother Earth for making clams? To avoid a lightning strike or a tree falling on my house, I'm gonna give them a perfect score of 10/10 Jeffs. Love your Mother.
2) Scallops is trickier because you actually gotta cook them, or maybe lube them up with sauce. These were cooked perfectly. If you recall when I was introducing "the stars" of this blog, I included scallops as one of my dad's specialties. Well the guy didn't disappoint. There's some sauce on them but I didn't even ask what it was. I ate them all within a minute. That's what happens when you wake up at 2. You're starving and pretty much shove anything in sight down your gullet. 8.5/10 Jeffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment