Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11 - Bacon for dessert?!

More guest cooks. My sister and her/my/everyone's friend Alex Jacobs decided to go buck wild on some bacon yesterday. It's hard to imagine the gloriousness that is bacon getting an upgrade, but these dames went all Frankenstein on it and dipped it in chocolate and brown sugar. Let that sink in for a second...



Now I can't, by any stretch of the imagination, think that they're the first to try such an experiment. In fact, a quick google search shows this is a pretty damn popular practice. But I'm a n00b in the bacon-as-a-dessert game. Here it is, atop a maple cupcake that they made (keep it in your pants):


Seriously, this mutant was fucking awesome. Some out there are going to argue that they're playing god, that this an abomination, an unholy union. Silence nay sayers! 
As any sane person out there would do, I totally neglected the cupcake and ate the bacon off the top immediately. It was salty and sweet at the time. It was totally fucking with my taste buds. Now I have a physiological/psychological problem dealing with salty versus sweet things (basically I'm crazy and need a perfect balance between the two), but this creation managed to harmonize both tastes. It's like a pig had sloppy, nasty, regret-it-in-the-morning sex with a Hershey's bar. I'm going to draw that actually and upload it later.
And thus remained the lonely cupcake. It looked sad without it's chocolatey-bacon crown on top, but I had myself a nibble. What did Jeff find inside? More bacon! Bits of salty swine were mixed into the batter. Madness!
Anyway, I easily give this dessert 9/10 Jeffs. Would have been perfect but now I feel like a heart attack is on its way.

*My sister has been all bake-happy lately, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

1 comment: