Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/15/11 - Fall in August

I'm in New Hampshire in this sweet cabin on a lake. My dad won an auction and we'll be here for the next week. Here's the view from the pier:


It's actually really sweet. There's noone else around (except maybe axe murderers) and it's pretty darn peaceful. It's a lot colder up here though. As I write this, it's 66 degrees and 82 back in Baltimore. Apparently, the further you are away from the equator, the colder the temperature. Learn something new every day! It was so cool (temperature) yesterday that we had a fire going the entire day, in the middle of August. My mind tricked itself into thinking it was like October or some shit. So when my dad asked what I wanted for dinner, I thought of something Autumn-ish and said "a big ass ham steak."


1) Here's my first helping. And here's my first photo with my finger in the way! The ham was definitely and upgrade from bologna (Ha!). It was glazed with a mustard/honey sauce. It felt like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Cooked prefectly, without the aid of a grill since it was rainin. 8.5/10 Jeffs.
2) Damn I eat a lot of fuckin broccoli and potatoes don't I. Even I'm getting sick of looking at pictures of them. Surprisingly, these sides were not very good at all. Broccoli was as plain as could be, and there was no brown sugar for the tater. 4/10 Jeffs for both. BOOOOOO! HISSSSS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment