Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/27/11 - Irene can't fuck with my ribs

This morning's Jeff forecast called for home-grilled ribs and corn. Meanwhile, the weather forecast called for the fucking end of the world. Since grilling is generally done outdoors, the success of a grill operation was called into question. There was even brief talk of oven cooking the meat, and stove cooking the corn.

Now I wasn't gonna let some bitch named Irene get in the way, and ordered my cook (dad) to continue with operation grill-my-damn-ribs. Watching him stand in the pouring rain and tend to my dinner brought warmth to my heart and a smile to my face.

Here's how they turned out:


A litttttttttle burnt, but still tasty. The rub/sauce combo he used was money. The rub is from some spot in Texas and is pretty spicy, which is a great compliment to the sweetness of the sauce. Plus he mixed in a dash of his own concoction, which included more hot peppers. If I was rating the top half of each riblet, they'd have gotten close to perfect. Unfortunately, the bottom half was just too well done. I don't know how he messed up, I mean how hard could it be to grill ribs in a hurricane? Seems like a bullshit ass excuse to me. Torrential rain and violent wind gusts should have improved the ribs if anything. 8.5/10 Jeffs. That extra .5 is to make sure my dad doesn't hop off the wagon after reading this. Love ya pops!

No comments:

Post a Comment