Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/24/11 - Kabaaaaabs

On Tuesday, my DCAL softball team (representing Duda's Tavern in Fells Point) took 2nd place in the league, which is actually pretty darn impressive. We played for over 5 hours, and instead of food, I feasted on the tears of all the teams that we beat (including Ropewalk for all you Fed Hill kids). But seriously, there was no time to eat, so Wednesday I was tryin to get my grub on.

As has become customary recently (perhaps out of fear of a bad review - it's like soviet Russia over here), our dinner selection was left up to me. I love seafood, I love chicken, and I damn sure love steak. Instead of choosing one of those tasty treats, I held a press conference in my kitchen and announced that we would be having all three, on sticks, with vegetables (I just described kabobs for ya'll dummies out there).



1) Representing seafood was skrimp. I don't think I''ve spelt that word correctly one time since this blog began. All the meat was covered with some tangy sauce, and it was all delicious. Most impressive were the filet mignon pieces, because they're fucking filet mignon pieces. Meats get 8.5/10 Jeffs.
2) Vegetables included squash, zucchini, onions, peppers, and eggplant. Grilled onions are amazing. The peppers were purple, and I was both intrigued and confused by this. The eggplant had a weird texture that I did not enjoy, and me not enjoying something means scores come down FOR THE GROUP. The eggplant was like the fat kid on your lax/soccer/football team who drags you down and usually makes you run more laps because he's fat and can't keep up. By the way, I played all of those sports because I'm a stud. 6.5/10 Jeffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment